Friday, January 08, 2010

Silver Tabby Cat in Oil Pastel 2

Sold

I really enjoyed working with oil pastels and the first cat proved to be a hit so I've painted a second one.
This is also 4 x 6 on Duck Egg Blue Ingres mountboard.
I've added some Caran 'Ache Neopastels to my set of Sennelier ones. These have a really nice range of grey and brown and are slightly harder than the Senneliers which are really soft. I found it easier to create a sharper line although the whole effect is softer than my usual coloured pencils or acrylic.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely work Gayle. Love what you have done with the oil pastels.
I have never used them. How do they compare to CP's ?

Love it. looks so soft and the whiskers are so fine.

Dean Grey said...

So good, Gayle!!

-Dean

Reflections From Life Art Blog said...

Absolutely beautiful Gayle!! I have never worked with oil pastels even though I have a set of them. Didn't know they could produce a painting like this! Of course when YOU are the one wielding the oil pastel, it's a given the paiting will be gorgeous! :D

Anonymous said...

You gave life to those feline eyes. You are gifted.