Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Pen and Ink, Pointillism and Patience

Pen and Ink 2.5 x 3.5 inches, to bid click here.

When I've finished a fairly long project like 'Stolen Moment' it takes me a couple of days to decide what do do next. The eagle is one of the pieces I work on while I sort out my next painting.

Several months ago I started the bald eagle using pen and ink and a pointillism technique and I do a bit more every time I have a break between large pieces.
Pointillism is defined as a technique of painting in which small, distinct dots of pure colour are applied in patterns to form an image.
I find this technique relaxing, just aim the pen and place the dot.
I decided to try something with colour using the technique so I bought some Pitt Artist pens in various shades of grey and green (only the lightfast colours) and did the small cat above. I added a little acrylic ink with a small brush to create the pink nose.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely pose on the cat, I especially like the technique on the Eagle.

Unknown said...

I admire your patience with the Pointillism. Lovely work... love them both.