Tuesday, June 30, 2015

The Little Owl- Mixed Media and Photography

 Little Owl photographed on local moor, May 2015
© Gayle Mason Fine Art

Little Owl - Mixed Media on Paper

I am lucky enough to live within a couple of miles of several Little Owls and have spent many hours watching and photographing them.
I had already started the painting above or I would probably have used the photograph above. That particular owl was cross at being disturbed when I came upon it unexpectedly. It certainly wasn't frightened as I walked past with two of the dogs simply turned his head to make sure I was moving on. I particularly like the ruffled feather as I think it gives the owl character.

The painting has an acrylic background and the owl is coloured pencil. I'm using Arches hot pressed watercolour paper and the finished size will be approximately 12 x 18 inches.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Very beautiful!