Saturday, March 01, 2008

How to Draw and Paint Cats:My Squidoo Lens

As I seem to have mainly worked on feline art over the last few months, I decided it would be useful to have all my related links together and share them with other artists.
So I have set up a squidoo lens 'How to Draw and Paint Cats'. I will be adding to my lens on a regular basis as I find links of interest to feline artists.

It is Roxie's big day next Saturday, Crufts dog show, which is the biggest show in the UK dog show calendar. I'm sure she is aware she is being prepared for something special because she is already acting like a prima donna. She has decided it is her right to have the prime spot in the lounge when we sit down in the evening. Her right to own all the toys and have all the petting, and share everybody's meals. The other dogs are not quite so willing to go along with her and today Juno sat on her, Roma her mum nipped her and Rio hid her toys. All I can say is roll on next Sunday.

I'm experimenting at the moment with various media, pure graphite, French Grey Coloured pencils and acrylic and Sepia coloured pencils. I'm not sure which I prefer, possibly for my work the coloured pencils have more impact.
The cat is the French Grey and acrylic, the Cheetah is Sepia and Nougat coloured pencil.


3 comments:

Quilt knit said...

Wow! I had no idea Roxie was a Crufts show dog Prima Dona. I am so sorry I did not realize this. I will watch Crufts and wish you the best. A Beagle, Uno, won Westminster this year. Love the S lens.
Best of Luck!!

Making A Mark said...

I'm looking forward to seeing you trotting round that ring Gayle - I'll be giving you marks out of 10 for style! ;)

Gayle Mason said...

Thank you.
My friend used to say I went round the ring like a pregnant duck!, let's hope Roxie moves better than I do.