I count the following as my achievements in 2011:-
- Sold work at the 2011 Society of Feline Artists Exhibition and was asked to sit on their selection committee for 2012 onwards.
- Created two coloured pencil guides, a tabby cat and a dog
- Created a reasonable amount of ACEO's, all of which sold, thanks to my repeat customers
- Continued to blog at least once a week, however see below for what I felt wasn't successful.
- Built up a large body of reference photographs including animals and birds in their environment
- My work was featured in Talking Point the magazine of the UK Coloured Pencil Society
- Had a painting accepted for the NEWA exhibition
The following I was less happy with:-
- Entered less exhibitions than I'd planned at the beginning of the year due to spending too much time browsing the internet rather than painting new work.
- Only had a stand at two shows, Patchings and the Supreme cat show, again this was less than I'd planned to do.
- Didn't create enough work especially for my planned UK wildlife series
- Didn't feel my blog had a wide interest, it tended to revolve round the painting and drawing of cats. I was also slow posting comments which I apologise for and promise not to do this year.
- I didn't manage to write my online course which I'd hoped to do in the Autumn