Monday, September 22, 2008

Ground Squirrel Demonstration - The Drawing

I've chosen a Ground Squirrel to demonstrate how I use mixed media.
I took the photograph half way up Pikes Peak in Colorado, there were several Ground Squirrels and Chipmunks running around the car park. This one kept popping out of his burrow then darting back inside.

Stage 1 is the graphite drawing, approximately 7 x 8 on Arches Hot Press. I'm using the drawing to work out any problems, both with the detail and with the lighting.
Hopefully I will finish the drawing tomorrow and start on the painting. I'll include more steps to show how I work.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gayle, YOU ROCK!'Thanks again,
Jane

Jeanette Jobson said...

This is such a cute little fellow. I'll look forward to seeing your demo of using media to create your piece.

Karen Hargett said...

This is great Gayle. I can already tell I'm going to enjoy the demo.