Friday, November 07, 2008

Maine Coon Cat on Pastelbord

I've had to put everything to one side to try to paint a couple of new breeds for the Supreme.

This is the first, a Maine Coon cat who is an Imperial Grand Premier. I met him walking round a show in his harness looking down his nose at the other cats as he strolled by their pens.


He is a stunning cat and I hope I can do him justice.

I wanted to use pastelbord so that I can take it to the NEC next week. Last year people seemed interested in using coloured pencil on board.

The background is done in neocolor and needs a little more work to smooth it out.

Size 12 x 16 and I'm using the sand coloured Ampersand Pastelbord.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Gayle, this looks as though it is off to a very good start! Love the intensity you get into your cats eyes:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Gayle...just wanted to comment on your work. I can really appreciate your level of detail. It's photo realistic without looking like a photograph. Very nice work.
Scott

Unknown said...

Looking Good so far Gayle !

Best of luck at the NEC


Rachel Stirling