Sunday, August 31, 2008

Home Again to Exciting News

I'm now back from my American holiday although I think part of me remained on the plane, hopefully the jetlag will soon pass.

We travelled almost 4000 miles and I probably shot the same amount of photographs. I was lucky enough to get some lovely close up shots of various creatures and some spectacular early morning shots in Yellowstone. This one however sticks in my memory, "The one that got away"


I have also received some exciting news.
In early August I submitted a portfolio for consideration by the Selection Committee of the Society of Feline Artists, when I arrived home I found that I have been accepted as a full member. I consider this a huge honour as the standard of work produced is consistently high.
I don't think it's really sunk in that I can now add the letters S.O.F.A after my name.
Some other exciting news is that I have been approached the Snow Leopard Trust and I am going to be supporting them as part of their artist program, more details to follow.

7 comments:

Jeanette Jobson said...

Welcome home and congratulations on being accepted into S.O.F.A.! What exciting news!

Gayle Mason said...

Thank you Jeanette

Making A Mark said...

This is so very well deserved Gayle - and I had absolutely no doubt that you would get accepted.

Anonymous said...

Awesome Gayle! I mean Gayle S.O.F.A :D Congratulations and I'm pleased you had such a lovely holiday. I love the squirrel pic, that is so funny! I think that's my favourite wildlife shot I've seen for some time :D

Gillian Mowbray said...

I love that photo - it made me smile.
Double congrats on the news. What a buzz that must give you. x

Karen Hargett said...

Hi Gayle,
Sounds like your trip was fabulous! Can't wait to see what you do with all those resource pictures. BTW congrats on being accepted in SOFA - well deserved.

Gillian McMurray said...

Congratulations. Well deserved too.