Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Robin Finished

I've now finished my Robin, I'm reasonably happy with it.

There is a bit more all round so I am still thinking about the crop. I also want to adjust the tones on the bird, but I'll let it rest for a couple of days and then look at it with fresh eyes.

The biggest challenge was getting the acrylic to behave itself in such a small space. I found working with a tiny brush ( a 10/0) and applying the paint in tiny drops worked best, that way I could blend the colours quite easily. I did however use tiny lines to represent the feathers.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

It turned out beautifully Gayle, especially considering the size of it. That's got to be some fiddly feathers and foliage!

Gayle Mason said...

Thanks Wendy