Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Happy Holidays and a Chaffinch

I bought a Canon lens off eBay and I'm delighted with it. It's a Canon 4oo 5.6 L, really lightweight and easy to use.
Even though the light was awful I managed to take a few reasonable shots today, this is one of the better ones, a Chaffinch.
We're spending the New Year in Scotland so fingers crossed for good light and plenty of birds of prey.


For all who celebrate Christmas I hope you have a very Merry one, for all who don't I wish you Happy Holidays.

I'll be back with some artwork later in the week.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Ooh, nice lens! And nice photo too.

andrea said...

Your blog is like mine right now: wildlife photography replacing artwork. I love that your birds are a whole different collection from mine, though. Lovely work.

Gillian McMurray said...

Merry Christmas to you too, Gayle, and enjoy your trip to Scotland.

Gayle Mason said...

I'm really pleased with the lens, I was worried about buying second hand but it has turned out really well. The lens has obviously been well cared for.
Hopefully back to the artwork now but I'll continue to share my photographs.
Thanks Gillian I can't wait.