Sunday, January 25, 2009

Mallard Continued


Having done a 600 mile round trip yesterday to take Roxie to be mated I haven't had much time for art.
Roxie has stayed with the breeder as she wasn't quite ready, so we have another long trip next weekend. The big bonus was that we visited Slimbridge on the way home and I got some nice photographs of a Water Rail.
I am almost finished with my duckling.
The duckling itself is just about done except for a few tiny tweaks, the water is also done, so I've just the stones at the bottom right to finish. I'm using the same colours that are in the water and the duckling and keeping them dark so that they don't really attract the eye.

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

This is awesome. You do a very good job of using watercolor in very tight areas-like the areas between the duckling's downy feathers. And the water is fantastic!

Nothing to See said...

This is so adorable. I see you are nearly finished the piece. It looks great. Good work!