Saturday, January 03, 2009

Watercolour Duckling

I've made a start on another duckling, this time it's a Mallard. I photographed it in the Spring at Marten Mere.

It's watercolour on Arches Hot Press Watercolour paper, 10 x 8inches.

I've been giving some thoughts to what I want to achieve in 2009.

Birds will play a big part in my work, both photographs and paintings. I intend to continue working on improving my photography as I have become increasingly interested in it as art in its own right.

My specific aims are:-

  • I aim to produce 6 new feline works for the 2009 SOFA exhibition.
  • I aim to submit 2 works to NEWA and at least one piece to SWLA .
  • I aim to enter at least 3 competitions.
  • I aim to develop my miniature painting and submit to one exhibition.
  • I aim to complete at least one new painting each month.
  • I aim to post on my blog at least 3 times a week
  • I aim to spend one day each week on marketing with the aim of approaching a Gallery with my portfolio by the Autumn
  • I aim to have a tidy up of both my websites, and my squidoo lens


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love seeing WIP. I'm also looking forward to seeing your art work on birds. I also want to work on birds this year and look forward to sharing thoughts and ideas.

Gayle Mason said...

That would be great Toni, I'd love to share some ideas.